Due to COVID-19, Liberty Wellness Clinic is offering in-person sessions only to essential visits such as those needing acupuncture, or a physical exam as per the Ontario Ministry of Health.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and practitioners. Our facility will abide to all the rules and regulations outlined by our professional regulatory boards and the Ministry of Health to provide a safe space for everyone. All necessary steps are being made to maintain social distancing measures as well as increased hygiene & sanitation procedures. For your safety, we will be spacing out appointments so that we can perform enhanced infection control and cleaning procedures after each session and limiting the number of in-clinic patients we see per day.
NEW CLINIC HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES
Please make sure you review these new policies prior to booking your service.
Before Your Visit
When you book your appointment, you will receive a confirmation of your appointment by email. In this email will be prompted to fill out a MANDATORY COVID SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE. You will see the following:
|You have forms to fill out!
Your practitioner has assigned you Intake Form to fill out before your appointment. Please click on the link below to go to your assigned forms. (You will be required to create a patient portal account if you have not already done so.)
- If you do not want to fill out the online form or are unable to, simply let us know and we will ask you the questions over the phone or send them via email.
- Cancellation Policy: Please be aware our cancellation policy requires a 48-hour notification. If you are ill with COVID-like symptoms the day of your visit, please let us know and we will reschedule your visit without cancellation penalty.
- We no longer accept cash or cheques for transactions. We kindly ask all patients at this time to use E-transfer or credit card payments only.
- You will be required to wait outside the clinic and follow all the check-in procedures prior to entering the clinic which will be posted on our door. Check-in procedures include a questionnaire, washing your hands, and putting on your face mask/face cover. Once you have completed that, you can phone us or wave us that you have completed all the necessary check-in procedures and you are ready to enter the clinic. We will ensure the clinic is completely sanitized before you come in.
During Your Visit
- Masks must be worn by everyone entering the clinic, including practitioners and patients. Patients may bring their own mask or use a disposable surgical mask provided by the clinic at a $2 charge.
- All patients will be screened again upon entering the clinic, even if you already filled out the screening online.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided to clean your hands upon entering the clinic. We ask that you do not bring your own gloves from outside the clinic.
- We ask that patients not be accompanied into the clinic by a family member or friend unless it is necessary (e.g. accompanying a minor, individuals who require assistance, translator, support for hearing impaired). We ask that wherever possible, the person accompanying the patient is from the same household.
After Your Visit:
- Upon completing your visit, we ask that you leave the office with your mask on and utilize the hand sanitizer provided before exiting the clinic
- All treatment plans and invoices will now be emailed to you.
Health and Safety Protocols in the clinic:
All common area and treatment room surfaces are sanitized with government approved disinfectant before and after each shift and before and after each patient. We have a checklist that is followed after each patient to ensure a thorough and consistent approach to minimizing infection risk. Every practitioner is also screened at the beginning of their day in the clinic with the same screening procedures for patients in order to ensure everyone’s safety.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
If at any time your answer is “Yes” to any one of the questions below, please contact our Clinic immediately to advise us to reschedule your appointment.
These screening questions are based on the latest COVID-19 case definitions and the Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports published by the World Health Organization. All questions are required.
Did you have close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or have you traveled outside of the province/state or the country that our clinic is located in within the past 14 days?
Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have you had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Have you been named as a possible contact and currently under self-isolation?
Do you have any household members who are currently under self-isolation?
Do you have any of the following symptoms? (Please check all that apply)
New onset of cough
Worsening chronic cough
Shortness of breath
Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
Diarrhea/ abdominal pain
Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause.
For Young Children and Infants – sluggishness or lack of appetite
If you are 70 years of age or older, are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
Get more information:
Please review the Ontario Public Health COVID-19 Assessment Guidelines if you have answered ‘YES’ to any ONE of the questions or symptoms listed.
Get more information on getting tested for COVID-19 in York Region.
You can speak to a medical professional via Telehealth Ontario at any time if you have questions.
Questions? We are here for you!
If you have any questions in regard to these policies, please contact the Clinic in advance of your appointment. Please call or email us to book an appointment at (905) 604-8480 or [email protected]